[Synoptic-L] proto Mark according to Loisy and Koester

  • Jeffrey B. Gibson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7, 2000
      Yuri Kuchinsky wrote:

      > One may also note that Alfred Loisy also argued for a proto-Mark that
      > seemed very similar to the one Koester argues for currently but, for
      > obvious reasons, Loisy could not have known about the Secret Mark.

      I'm confused by the first half of this statement and the intended import of
      the expression "a proto-Mark that **seemed** very similar to".

      Are you trying to say that Loisy's reconstruction of proto Mark was something
      that **is** very similar in form and content to Koester's reconstruction of
      it? Or is your claim that, after examination and comparison of the two, what
      initially **appear** to be similarities between the two reconstructions
      disappear and that Koester's is nothing like Loisy's?.

      If you intended the former, then how about producing a chart or something
      which allows us to see exactly how and in what ways the reconstructions are
      similar, if indeed they are?

      Yours,

      Jeffrey Gibson
      --