PBS on Q and Thomas

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1 6:41 AM
      Here is another web resource on Q, but only useful at the
      introductory level:

      http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/religion/story/qthomas.h
      tml

      This is Marilyn Mellowed article with the subheading "An Accidental
      Discovery in Egypt Seems to Confirm the Existence of the Lost Gospel
      of Q".

      Elaine Pagels also has a little piece on Q on the site:

      http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/religion/story/hypotheti
      cal.html

      This piece is called "Q: The Hypothetical Gospel", a little absurd
      given that the substance of the article is that Pagels thinks that Q
      "certainly in my mind is not a gospel"! She goes on to say that it
      is "a very good and well-founded hypothesis". There's another good
      quotation for an exam question.

      For your interest.

      Mark
      --------------------------------------
      Dr Mark Goodacre M.S.Goodacre@...
    • Carl W. Conrad
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1 7:08 AM
        At 9:41 AM -0400 6/01/98, Mark Goodacre wrote:
        >Here is another web resource on Q, but only useful at the
        >introductory level:
        >
        >http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/religion/story/qthomas.h
        >tml

        Just a warning: there's evidently a space separate .h from tml at the end
        of the URL. I just clicked on the URL and got a "blind alley" note, then
        thought about it a second and added the 'tml' and got the right page.

        Carl W. Conrad
        cwconrad@... OR cconrad@...