Re: [Synoptic-L] A Hebraic Matthew?

  • Jeffrey B. Gibson
    Message 1 of 3 , May 29, 2000
      Kyle Dillon wrote:

      > Sorry to bombard you with so many questions, but I think this is a
      > very interesting bit of information.

      Yes, they are; but if you search the archives of Synoptic-L you will
      find that
      many of them were discussed in detain in recent months.

      As to your question of how and why the early church fathers could have
      been
      wrong about Matthew having originally been written in Hebrew (if that is
      indeed
      what Papias EBRAIDI DIALEKTW actually means, which is by no means
      certain),
      especially in the light of the fact that canonical Matthew shows little
      or no
      signs of being translation Greek, see R.T. France, _Matthew: Evangelist
      &
      Teacher (Paternoster, 1989) 50-66, esp. 61-66.

      Yours,

      Jeffrey Gibson
      --
      Jeffrey B. Gibson