Re: [Synoptic-L] Did Mk used Q?

  • Jack Kilmon
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 30, 2000
      Wieland Willker wrote:

      > Jack Kilmon wrote:
      > > Mark *wrote* "proto-Q."
      >
      > Can we ever know if Mk *wrote* one of his sources?
      > It is interesting that the basic order of the sayings in Mk looks similar to
      > Q. This is striking. But the wording is very different. Maybe we can
      > postulate two different sayings sources?

      The Markan forms demonstrate a strong Aramaic substratum
      even when the saying is more attenuated than the Q parallel
      in Thomas which is often truncated. I have not fully worked
      out what this can mean as far as source is concerned if the
      trajectory of the saying was Jesus to Peter to Mark. All three
      were native Aramaic speaking...whose Aramaic is it?

      > Probably a comparison of this Mk-Q with Mt-Lk-Q has already been done
      > somewhere?

      Jack

      d'yomana ami tihu b'wooshmaya

      Jack Kilmon