[Synoptic-L] Re: conventional transcriptions

  • Ron Price
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30 2:55 AM
      I wrote:

      >>Brian,
      >>I took the liberty of correcting your spelling here (chi --> "C" in
      >>the standard convention).

      Brian Wilson replied:
      > To which of the various standard conventions are you referring,
      >please?

      Brian,
      I was referring to the b-greek convention. This is the recommended
      convention for Synoptic-L.
      However as it is only *recommended* I was probably wrong to 'correct'
      your notation.
      Please accept my apologies.

      I does seem to me though that it would be better if we all used the
      same transliteration convention. Perhaps it should be more than merely
      "recommended".

      Ron Price

      Weston-on-Trent, Derby, UK

      e-mail: ron.price@...