[Synoptic-L] Synoptic-L

  • Douglas Fitzpatrick
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29 1:32 PM
      Jeffrey Gibson wrote:

      >Doug

      >Sorry if anything I said caused you distress. Yuri has the annoying habit

      of brining out the worst in those who >correspond with him.

      >Or was it only Yuri's message you were complaining about?

      In my experience (albeit military aviation, not biblical exegesis), the most provocative ideas often are the ones that lead to innovative solutions.  I don't like censorship: what I find "tiresome", you may relish.  But having just re-read John Locke's "A Letter Concerning Toleration" ( http://odur.let.rug.nl/~usa/D/1651-1700/locke/ECT/toleraxx.htm ), I was mindful of the mischief intolerance has played with the community of faith.  I was questioning the tenor of recent peer review in general, not anyone's postings in specific.

      Respectfully,

      Douglas Fitzpatrick

      ,