Re: [Synoptic-L] Re: Magnificat was not LXX, not Lk

  • Dennis Sullivan
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 16, 2000
      Dear Leonard,

      Please excuse my jumping in here. I've been enjoying your interesting
      discussion with Randy.
      On the Benedictus: Fr. Jean Carmignac, in his little book "The Birth of the
      Synoptics" (Franciscan Press Quincy IL 1987), discusses the Benedictus,
      Magnificat, the Our Father, etc. on page 25. Carmignac writes of these
      passages that they "...do not respect any of these laws of Greek poetry;
      rather they are constructed according to the rules of Hebrew poetry."

      His thoughts might be an appropriate addition to your thesis (?)
      If you are interested, and don't have access to this book, please let me
      know.

      All the best,

      Dennis Sullivan www.jerusalemperspective.com