Synoptic-L Update

    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 1998
      The Synoptic-L protocols have been updated following suggestions
      from subscribers. The protocols can be viewed at
      http://www.bham.ac.uk/theology/synoptic-l/#protocol, or in the
      information file sent to new subscribers.

      I would like to draw your attention specially to the following:

      2. Please quote only the relevant parts of messages to which you
      are responding. Recipients are likely to pay less attention to
      your message if they have to re-read irrelevant parts of
      previous, lengthy messages. As a rule of thumb, avoid quoting
      more than six lines of a previous message at a time.

      If anyone has any further useful suggestions about the smooth and
      efficient running of Synoptic-L, please do not hesitate to get in
      touch with the co-ordinators (via Synoptic-L-Owner@...).

      A couple of other pieces of information: there are now 135
      subscribers to Synoptic-L, and in April our web site had well over
      200 'hits'.

      I have also just uploaded the full Synoptic-L archive for April 1998
      (details at http://www.bham.ac.uk/theology/synoptic-l/archive.htm).

      Mark
      Dr Mark Goodacre M.S.Goodacre@...
      Homepage: http://www.bham.ac.uk/theology/goodacre.htm