[Synoptic-L] Re: Is Q a Juggernaut?

  • Andrew Smith
    Message 1 of 30 , Dec 24, 1999
      ----------
      >From: "Ron Price" <ron.price@...>
      >To: "Synoptic-L" <Synoptic-L@...>
      >Subject: [Synoptic-L] Re: Is Q a Juggernaut?
      >Date: Thu, Dec 23, 1999, 12:44 PM
      >

      >>Applying this to the 3SH with respect to the FH, we must ask, how does
      >>the auxiliary hypothesis of a Q in the 3SH increase the falsifiability
      >>of the FH?
      >>

      > By raising the possibility of unearthing a sayings document in the
      > sands
      > of Egypt. If it were to fit the 3SH (and I have described on my Web site
      > its expected contents), then it would falsify the FH.

      "...somewhere in sands of the desert
      A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
      A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
      Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
      Reel shadows of the indignant desert birds."
      ("The Second Coming", W.B.Yeats.)

      Perhaps he was referring to the unearthing of Q!
      See my forthcoming web page, "Yeats and the Synoptics."

      Happy Christmas,

      Andrew Smith