Re: Stylometric Study

  • Mahlon H. Smith
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 28, 1998
      Mike Bossingham wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > My name's Mike Bossingham and I normally listen to the list and
      > keep quiet. However Mark recently talked about stylometric study.
      >
      > I, too, feel that looking at vocabulary is not a good way of looking
      > at an author's style. So I developed some software to look at the
      > word order of sentences.
      <SNIP>
      > I have loaded into my website some sample fingerprints for you
      > to look at. The URL is:-
      > http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/MikeBossingham/figs.htm

      Hello Mike:

      Lurkers with substantive contributions like your stylometric software
      are certainly welcome to post on Synoptic-L. But you had better review
      the URL you gave us. I clicked it & got a site-unknown message. Did you
      make a typo or have you taken your homepage elsewhere? Even if no one
      else is interested, I'd like to check it out.

      Shalom!

      Mahlon
      --
      *****