Re: [Synoptic-L] list decorum

  • Jack Kilmon
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 2, 1999
      Maluflen@... wrote:

      > I am persuaded by this and other recent comments that I owe the list an
      > apology for much of my recent writing. I wish to protest one more time,
      > perhaps in vain, that not a single remark of mine was intended as a personal
      > attack.

      Maybe when you get to be an old curmudgeon like myself, the skin
      grows thicker..but for the life of me, I have not detected anything
      in your posts (which I have found to be very informative, by the way)
      to even cause one of my graying eyebrows to raise.

      > My frustration is with ideas and systems, not with people; I bear no
      > ill will whatsoever to anyone on this list. However, the consensus of list
      > members clearly interprets my comments differently, and so I accept their
      > judgment for purposes of this public forum.

      And just how many form that "consensus?"

      > For this reason I am voluntarily
      > grounding myself from active participation in list discussions for a period
      > of at least two-months, until I can learn how to behave in accordance with a
      > stricter interpretation of list protocol.

      I have been getting a great deal out of your exchanges. Whether or not one
      agrees with a premise or a conclusion, the discussion of the methodology and
      approach is invaluable in quality discourse. I am going to ask you not to
      cease participation.

      Jack

      Jack Kilmon
      jkilmon@...

      http://www.historian.net
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 3, 1999
        I would like to request that the current thread on "list decorum" ends
        immediately. It is always preferable to deal with this kind of issue off-
        list, in discussion with the people concerned or in discussion with the
        coordinators, to whom any further comments on this should be
        addressed.