Re: [Synoptic-L] Re: Luke and Deuteronomy

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 30, 1999
      In a message dated 7/30/1999 2:29:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      ron.price@... writes:

      << Thanks to all those who have responded to my query concerning the
      status of C.F.Evans' hypothesis.

      If, as now seems likely, the ordering of the central section of Luke
      was not derived from Deuteronomy, then there must be another
      explanation.>>

      I wouldn't be so hasty to follow the majority opinion. Perhaps Evans' theory
      just needs to be outfitted with slightly greater nuance.

      << It may have been partially derived from the order of the
      sayings in Q, though I'm beginning to doubt the orthodox view that Luke
      preserved the order of Q better than Mathew.>>

      I prayerfully await your beginning to doubt the orthodox view that Q ever
      existed.

      << Many of the sayings appear
      to me to fit more naturally in Matthew's context, e.g. Matt 7:13-14
      (c.f. Luke 13:23-24),
      Matt 10:19 (c.f. Luke 12:11-12), Matt 23:13-36 (c.f. Luke 11:39-52) .

      This of course makes perfect sense on the Synoptic source theory I espouse,
      or even on the Farrer Hypothesis. The sayings are native in and to Matt.