Re: Theissen & Merz on Q

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 26, 1998
      Mark Goodacre wrote -
      >Here is a nice quotation from the new book from Theissen and Merz,
      >
      >"Q is certainly the most important source for reconstructing the
      >teaching of Jesus" (Gerd Theissen & Annette Merz, *The Historical
      >Jesus: A Comprehensive Guide* (ET, London: SCM, 1998), p. 29.
      >
      >A good one for anyone setting examinations.

      Ha! Ha! Thank you, Mark. I did not realize that examinations were meant
      to be such fun.

      So if we reconstruct Q from certainly less important sources, we can
      then reconstruct the teaching of Jesus from certainly the most important
      source - Q. Well done us!

      I had not previously noticed that the synoptic gospels were such
      unimportant sources of the teaching of Jesus!

      Thank you, again. I am still chuckling.

      E-MAIL: brian@... TELEPHONE: +44-1480-385043
      SNAILMAIL: Rev B. E. Wilson, HOMEPAGE:
      Huntingdon, Cambs, PE18 8EB, UK