[Synoptic-L] Re: man, lion, calf, eagle

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 1999
      On 29 Jun 99, at 19:43, Stefano Rovinetti Brazzi wrote:

      > I'm working at a commentary on the greek Jezekiel. In the first chapter
      > the prophet has a vision of four living creatures (man, lion, calf and
      > eagle) that will be associeted with the four Evangelists by the
      > Christians: what are the stages of this identification? Thank you.

      For a first class web site dealing with the these symbols with links to
      art and relevant literature, see the following:

      Symbols of the Four Evangelists, Felix Just
      http://clawww.lmu.edu/faculty/fjust/Evangelists_Symbols.htm

      Mark

      Dept of Theology tel: +44 121 414 7512
      University of Birmingham fax: +44 121 414 6866
      Birmingham B15 2TT United Kingdom

      http://www.bham.ac.uk/theology/goodacre
      New Testament Web Resources
      Mark Without Q