Eta Linnemann

  • Elmer Smalling
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 26, 1998
      Synoptic-L listers,

      I think that Eta Linnemann was a Christian
      phenomenologist of the first order (as opposed to being a
      Marcelian existentialist,transfusing the ideas of
      theologians like Bultmann - there are many nowadays!). As
      such, she had the "willing" to destroy what she felt was
      the old, and came to a new understanding of the Synoptic
      Corpus. Her faith "fundamentalism" is not very different
      from the "fundamentalism" of, -say- engineering or
      mathematics and should not be confused with
      closed-mindedness.

      While reading her book, I checked her references and did
      found no instances of mis-interpreted or mis-quoted
      sources. As far as being "vitriolic", well, she might
      have been betrayed by the academy.

      Regards,

      Elmer Smalling III
      -------------------------------------
      Elmer E. Smalling III
      Jenel Systems and Design International, Inc.
      Plano, Texas USA
      Phone/Fax 972-491-1442
      Home Page - http://www.connect.net/smalling
      minus 0700 GMT CS/DT 12:20:07 03/26/98