Re: [Synoptic-L] Tatian's Diatessaron

  • David Barrett Peabody
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 26, 1999
      Brian,

      I don't know the answer to your questions, but they are very interesting
      questions. To the best of my knowledge, the definitive work on Tatian in
      English is now the following by William Lawrence Petersen. In seeking an
      answer to your questions, I would start here and with the other books that
      Petersen has written relating to Tatian.

      %START:

      %HOLLIS#: HU AZQ7957

      %FORMAT: bks

      %YEAR: 1994

      %AUTHOR: Petersen, William Lawrence, 1950-

      %TITLE: Tatian's Diatessaron: its creation, dissemination, significance, and

      history in scholarship.

      %EDITION:

      %PUB. INFO: Leiden; New York: E.J. Brill, 1994.

      %PUBLISHED IN:

      %SUMMARY:

      %SERIES: Supplements to Vigiliae Christianae,, ISSN 0920-623X; v. 25

      %FREQUENCY:

      %NOTES: Includes bibliographical references (p. [491]-521) and indexes.

      %NUMBERS: ISBN 9004094695 (alk. paper). ISBN 9004100342 (alk. paper)

      %SUBJECTS: Tatian, ca. 120-173. \ Bible. N.T. Gospels. Syriac. Diatessaron-

      -Criticism, Textual.

      %AUTHORS: Petersen, William Lawrence, 1950-

      %LOCATION: Andover-Harv. Theol: BS2550.T2 P43 1994

      \Widener: WID-LC BS2550.T2 P43 1994

      \Dumbarton Oaks (Byz): RE 605.S8P3

      %END:

      David B. Peabody