testing style

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 13, 1998
      David Mealand wrote -
      >I would be grateful for some suggestions of recent (1992+) reading
      >relevant to the methods I am currently using to evaluate source
      >theories in relation to Matthew. I am using stylometric tests to see if
      >there are differences between blocks of material believed to be from
      >Mark, Q or M in Matthew.

      I am glad that someone is using non-parametric statistics to try and
      check out hypotheses like the Four Document Hyothesis of B. H. Streeter.
      My guess is that no significant stylometric differences will be found
      between passages in Matthew assigned on the Four Document Hypothesis to
      'Q', Mark or 'M'.

    • James R. Adair
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 13, 1998
        On Fri, 13 Feb 1998, Mark Goodacre wrote:

        > What is 'LLC'? I can't think of what it could be at the moment.

        LLC is Literary & Linguistic Computing, not a journal very many NT
        scholars read, but a standard among computing humanists.

        Jimmy Adair
        and
        -------------> http://shemesh.scholar.emory.edu <--------------