Re: words in Mark not found elsewhere in the synoptic gospels

    Message 1 of 3 , May 14 12:25 AM
      Jonathan Ryder wrote -

      >Have you come across 'A Comparative Greek Concordance of the Synoptic
      >Gospels/ collator and compiler Elmar Camillo dos Santos (and James
      >Leonard Burnham); editor Robert Lisle Lindsey (Jerusalem: Dugith,
      >[1985?]-1989) in 3 vol'?

      Jonathan,
      Thanks for the thought. In fact I have my own copy of this and
      recommended it to others on Synoptic-L some months ago. The concordance
      runs to a thousand pages. I had tried using it to compile a list of
      words beginning with Alpha which are in Mark and not found elsewhere in
      the synoptics. This took hours, and was problematic because it was so
      easy to miss entries for Mark only. I would like an accurate list,
      without having to spend too much time sifting through printed columns
      and double-checking observations. Hence my request to Synoptic-L in case
      one has already been published.

      I have just received an off-List message from a software engineer in
      Cambridge, UK, who follows the correspondence on Synoptic-L with an
      eagle eye, and knows a lot about the synoptic problem (though he does
      not read Greek!). It seems he might be able to write a program to
      process files of the synoptic gospels in Greek and produce the required
      output. Apparently the software engineering terminology for this is a
      "cross reference".

      E-MAIL: brian@... HOMEPAGE
      SNAILMAIL: Rev B. E. Wilson,
      Huntingdon, Cambs, PE18 8EB, UK