accusative case please!

    Message 1 of 2 , May 13, 1999
      In a message dated 5/13/1999 11:29:21 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
      jwest@... writes:

      << +++++++++++++++++++++++++
      Credimus in Deum Patrem omnipotentem, universorum creatorum, regem
      saeculorum, immortalem et invisibilem.

      Dear Jim,

      So that I may be included in the nominative plural "credimus", please
      change "creatorum" in the above to "creatorem", and then note the lovely
      chiastic arrangement of cases in this, when read together with the following
      phrase. Thanks.

      Leonard Maluf

      P.S. I'm on my way to Rome in the next few minutes, so I regret not being
      able to participate in the "poor in spirit" discussion. Everyone knows, I
      suppose, about the multi-volume work on the beatitudes by J. Dupont. A bit
      old, at this point, I suppose, but it could yield some light. Also, recently,
      H. D. Betz, The Sermon on the Mount. There are notes on this verse also by
      Klemens Stock, of the Biblicum in Rome, in a set of class notes. Sorry I
      don't have time to transcribe (and translate) these at the moment. Till June!
    • Jim West
      Message 2 of 2 , May 13, 1999
        At 02:28 PM 5/13/99 -0400, you wrote:
        >In a message dated 5/13/1999 11:29:21 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
        >jwest@... writes:
        >
        ><< +++++++++++++++++++++++++
        > Credimus in Deum Patrem omnipotentem, universorum creatorum, regem
        > saeculorum, immortalem et invisibilem.
        > >>

        >Dear Jim,
        >
        > So that I may be included in the nominative plural "credimus", please
        >change "creatorum" in the above to "creatorem", and then note the lovely
        >chiastic arrangement of cases in this, when read together with the following
        >phrase. Thanks.

        All-- the now no longer used quote was an exact replica of an Augustinian
        dictum in Denzinger-Schonmetzer. Please pass along the corrections to
        Augustine.

        Thanks,

        Jim

        Jim West, ThD