[Fwd: Re: words in Mark not found elsewhere in the synoptic gospels]

  • Jonathan Ryder
    Message 1 of 1 , May 13, 1999
      "Brian E. Wilson" wrote:

      > I notice that in the old commentary on the Greek text of Matthew by A.
      > S. McNeile (London, 1915) page 442, there is a list in Greek of "Words
      > (in Matthew) not found elsewhere in the synoptic gospels". This gives
      > alphabetically the chapter and verse reference for each occurrence of a
      > word in Matthew not found in Mark or Luke.
      >
      > Please does anyone know of a similar published index of Greek words in
      > **Mark** not found elsewhere in the synoptic gospels?
      >
      > Best wishes,
      > BRIAN WILSON

      Hi Brian,

      Whilst not volunteering (I've got exams to prepare for), surely
      production
      of such a list should not take too long with today's Bible software?
      Having said that, how one would go about it needs some thought. Do any
      of the
      Bible programs have Macros/programming language equive to Visual Basic
      in
      Word etc?

      An alternative suggestion. Have you come across 'A comparative Greek
      concordance of the Synoptic Gospels/ collator and compiler Elmar Camillo
      dos Santos (and James Leonard Burnham); editor Robert Lisle Lindsey
      (Jerusalem: Dugith, [1985?]-1989) in 3 vol'? We have a copy here in
      tyndale house library. Whether it has a list of words unique to each
      Synoptic
      Gospel I'm not sure, but it might be quicker to look through this than a
      standard Greek concordance.

      Jonathan Ryder

      Tyndale House
      Cambridge