Note on Lk 23:27-31

    Message 1 of 1 , May 7, 1999
      In a recent post which I accidently deleted prematurely, Mark Goodacre made a
      comment about Lk 23:27-31 in which he said something like the following: that
      this passage is a typical Lukan expansion on Markan material. I wish only to
      remark that the substantive connection of this passage with Matt 27:25 should
      not be overlooked, particularly as regards Lk 23:28, where there are even
      significant verbal contacts to the Matthean passage (which, of course, also
      lacks a Marcan parallel).