Re: Mk 9

    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 28 2:49 AM

      Mark Goodacre asked -

      >What is the case for linking this more strongly to the parousia? The imagery
      >in 9.3 certainly reminds one of Revelation and we also have "cloud" here in
      >v.7, cf. Mark 14.62. What else is there?

      If Jesus was seen "transfigured" and in clothing "glistening, intensely
      white", was he not seen "in his glory" - and therefore proleptically as
      in his parousia in glory? And if Moses, Elijah, Peter, James and John,
      were with Jesus, were not the hAGIOI with him, also a foretaste of the
      parousia when he comes "with his saints"?

      Perhaps the imagery relates to Daniel 7.9-27 (to which Revelation also
      relates, of course) - "clothing white as snow", "clouds of heaven", "one
      like a son of man", "the saints of the Most High", "the end" ?

      E-MAIL : brian@... homepage -
      SNAILMAIL ; Rev B. E. Wilson,