Re: focussing on one synoptic hypothesis at a time

    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 5 9:30 AM
      Thankyou, Brian, for holding me to account and encouraging me to express myself
      more clearly. Of course you are right that there is a class of (related)
      hypotheses that believe in Markan Priority + the independence of Matthew and
      Luke. However, I would reiterate that the context within which I was
      discussing the point was that defined by the views of Tuckett, Neirynck and
      Goulder, those who accept Markan Priority (in the sense of Matthean and Lukan
      dependence on something closely akin to our canonical Mark) but disagree over
      whether Luke knew Matthew.

      Mark
      Dept of Theology tel: +44 121 414 7512
      University of Birmingham fax: +44 121 414 6866
      Birmingham B15 2TT United Kingdom

      http://www.bham.ac.uk/theology/goodacre
      Aseneth Home Page
      Recommended New Testament Web Resources