more on Paul List

  • Jeffrey B. Gibson
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 1999
      Groups,

      While I'm waiting to receive nominations or applications for the
      position of moderator of our fledgeling Paul list, I thought I'd offer
      what I conceive the focus of the list to be:

      List Name (see below) - a forum devoted to the critical discussion
      of questions surrounding
      the life, theology, influence, and writtings attributed to the
      apostle Paul.

      Does this sound proper? As I see it, the advantages of framing the
      list's focus in this fashion is that it wiould allow us to include, as
      many have let me know is their hope, discussion of the Pastorals and
      Hebrews as well as some late first and early second century material.

      As to list names, here are the serious suggestions (I take it Nichael
      that you were *not* serious with Pearls of Pauline/The Paultroons/
      paulaver-L/ e-pistols) that have come in to me:

      ePaul
      Paul and Paulinisms
      Paulus Episcipos
      Pistis
      Paul
      Paullist
      Paultalk
      St. Paul
      Corpus Paulinum
      Paulos Apostolos
      B-Pauline

      Even though Paul and Paulinisms was my suggestion, I'm inclined toward
      Corpus Paulinum since, as its suggestor, Jeff Peterson noted, such a
      pun on corpus connotes both the body of sources under
      discussion and the membership of the group.

      Yours,

      Jeffrey

      --
      Jeffrey B. Gibson