Re: [Paul Discussion List]

  • Stevan Davies
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2 6:50 PM
      > Groups,
      >
      > Here's a message I just received from Matthew Collins at SBL. Sounds
      > like we are good to go. Issues to be cleared up are (a) the name of the
      > list; (b) its scope; (c) whether it should be moderated; and (d) if so,
      > who the moderators would be. Have I overlooked anything?
      >
      > One suggestion for (a) that came in already from John Dickson (Ph.D.
      > candidate, researching expectations of congregational participation in
      > mission within Pauline Christianity at Macquarie University in Sydney,
      > Australia) is "Paulos Apostolos". Any others?
      >
      > Yours,
      >
      > Jeffrey Gibson

      a) I don't think we need to be so highfalutin. How about "Paul."

      b) Scope should include the deutero-Pauline letters in my opinion.
      Perhaps even to Hebrews and 3 Corinthians. After all, even if
      the authorship of Paul is not in question in the minds of most,
      the influence of Paul on those texts and their evidence of Paul's
      influence are important matters.

      c) Moderated? Yes, by all means.

      Stevan Davies