Re: 2GH presentation

  • David Neville
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 1999
      Peter Head asked:

      >What is the best and most "convincing" brief presentation of >the 2GH? I
      >need something around 15-20 pages for my students >(to balance MP and 2SH
      >perspectives).

      >Possible contenders:

      >Griesbach, Demonstration (ET)
      >de Wette, Introduction (ET) portion
      >Bleek, Introduction (ET) portion
      >Davidson, Introduction (portion)
      >Farmer, The Synoptic Problem (but no portion is obvious)
      >Farmer, Dungan, et al., Narrative Outline of Mark Composition
      >(SBL 1990 Seminar Papers, 1990)
      >Something else.

      In addition to the last mentioned source in the list above (which I believe
      is undergoing major revision and expansion), you should also consider the
      following:

      D.L. Dungan, ed., The Interrelations of the Gospels, BETL 95 (Peeters,
      1990), esp. Farmer on "The Two-Gospel Hypothesis: The Statement of the
      Hypothesis," pp. 125-56.
      D.L. Dungan, "Two-Gospel Hypothesis," Anchor Bible Dictionary, vol. 6, pp.
      671-79.

      Hope this is useful.

      David Neville
      Sydney, Australia