second volume of commentary on Mark

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 17, 1999
      I seem to remember that someone asked a few months ago on this List
      about the unfinished commentary on Mark in the Word Biblical Commentary
      series? Robert Guelich wrote the first volume (on Mark 1.1-8.26), and I
      understand this was published not long before he died. In my view, it is
      a remarkable piece of writing.

      In a seminar in Cambridge UK yesterday, the visiting speaker was
      Professor Craig Evans. It was mentioned that Professor Evans had written
      the second volume of this commentary, and that it is soon to be
      published.

      I suppose it will pick up the threads and begin at Mk 8.27. It will be
      interesting to see whether it ends at Mk 16.8 !

      E-MAIL : brian@...
      SNAILMAIL ; Rev B. E. Wilson, http://www.twonh.demon.co.uk
      10 York Close, Godmanchester, *** SEE HOMEPAGE FOR FIRST DRAFT OF PAPER ***
      Huntingdon, Cambs, PE18 8EB, UK Comments welcome, either off-List or on-List