Re: SYN: message prefix

  • Thomas R. W. Longstaff
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 12, 1998
      While I have no objection to recommending the prefix SYN to messages
      sent to this list, Mark is quite right that the practice would be uneven
      and hardly reliable. I am a long-time subscriber to IOUDAIOS and don't
      find the prefix there very useful, but others may, of course.

      I don't use Pegasus Mail. Rather I use Eudora (both on a Macintosh
      and on a Windows NT machine) and it allows me to filter mail and
      direct it to separate mailboxes (or even, in some cases directly
      into the trash) quite easily.

      More important, to me, than the SYN prefix would be careful
      attention to the subject line so that messages do not begin new
      threads while retaining (because of the use of the reply option)
      the old subject line.

      To misquote a line (deliberately):
      The rain in Maine is falling once again. I think we've had it.

      trwl