re.... no thyself

  • Jim West
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 1999
      At 10:42 AM 2/5/99 -0800, you wrote:
      >...no thyself?

      No- what I wrote was "know thyself".

      >Socratic, huh? If you say so.

      Um... you might want to read Plato's "Apology" where he describes the event
      as related to him by his teacher Socrates.

      > But your comment
      >
      >"And gnosticism is nowhere to be found even on the Nile."
      >

      >"Lift up a stone and you will FIND me there"
      >--Thomas

      Um... the quote is supposedly from Jesus about himself... not about gnosticism.

      >I look forward to visiting your web site, Jim, thanks.

      If ya have any suggestions please let me know.

      Best,

      Jim

      Jim West, ThD
      Quartz Hill School of Theology