Re: The Facts

  • TonyProst@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 23, 1998
      Thank you for your paraphrase! I will attach it as a note to my scene in the
      Nonnos translation. I must ask you how did you select the word "fact" for
      Pilate? In the Koine John, it is, of course, the generic word. However, in
      Nonnos 18:176 ktl, he uses four words for truth, and Pilate's is, in fact,
      atrekie^, which may be translated as "fact" in opposition to the words Jesus
      has just used, ete^tymie^s, ale^theie^s, and apseudea.

      Thanks for the laughs!

      Regards
      Tony Prost
      All Nonnos All Day