hypothetical documents

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 15, 1998
      In a message dated 98-10-15 01:22:58 EDT, yuku@... writes:

      Responding to Brian, who wrote:
      > The phenomena discussed above are a small, but nonetheless real,
      > problem for the hypothesis of Markan priority.

      YURI: Perhaps only for the _conventional version_ of the hypothesis of Markan
      priority? But this phenomena [sic] may actually help strengthen pMk theory.

      LEONARD: in much the same way that GTh supports the existence of Q, no doubt.
      In each case a hypothetical document has been postulated gratuitously, hung on
      to desperately in the face of plausible and more economic hypotheses, and then
      evidence of any kind is sought that "supports" it. I remain puzzled, frankly,
      by this kind of logic.