Re: Two Gospel Hypothesis

  • Richard H. Anderson
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 8, 1998
      Thomas R. W. Longstaff wrote:

      > At 02:15 PM 10/7/98 +1000, Malcolm wrote:
      > >Dear fellow Griesbachians,
      > >Do you know the name of a commentary on each of the synoptics written on
      > >the basis of the 2gh? The field still seems to be dominated by those
      > >assuming the 2sh.
      > >Yours sincerely,
      > >Malcolm Cram (Rev)
      >
      > These are still coming. You might start with BEYOND THE Q IMPASSE: LUKE'S
      > USE OF MATTHEW edited by Allan McNicol with David Dungan, et. al. This
      > volume is the product of work by a team of about six scholars using the
      > 2gh. A similar volume on Mark's use of Matthew is in preparation. The
      > publisher is Trinity Press, International, 1996.
      > And the child said, "Look! The emperor isn't wearing any clothes."
      >
      > Dr. Thomas R. W. Longstaff
      > Crawford Family Professor of Religious Studies
      > Colby College
      > Waterville, ME 04901
      > Email: t_longst@...
      > Office phone: 207 872-3150
      > FAX: 207 872-3802

      Isn't the Anchor Bible Commentary on Mark based upon Griesbach?
      Richard H. Anderson
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 8, 1998
        On 8 Oct 98 at 17:26, Richard H. Anderson wrote:

        > Isn't the Anchor Bible Commentary on Mark based upon Griesbach?

        Yes. C.S. Mann, _Mark: A New Translation with Introduction and Commentary_
        (The Anchor Bible; New York: Doubleday, 1986). I think that the common
        opinion is that this is not one of the better Anchor Bible commentaries, e.g.
        not in the same class as Fitzmyer. I hear rumours that it is to be replaced
        now.

        Dr Mark Goodacre M.S.Goodacre@...

        Synoptic-L Owner: mailto:Synoptic-L-Owner@...
        Synoptic-L Archive: http://www.egroups.com/list/synoptic-l