Re: Two Gospel Hypothesis

  • Thomas R. W. Longstaff
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 8, 1998
      At 02:15 PM 10/7/98 +1000, Malcolm wrote:
      >Dear fellow Griesbachians,
      >Do you know the name of a commentary on each of the synoptics written on
      >the basis of the 2gh? The field still seems to be dominated by those
      >assuming the 2sh.
      >Yours sincerely,
      >Malcolm Cram (Rev)

      These are still coming. You might start with BEYOND THE Q IMPASSE: LUKE'S
      USE OF MATTHEW edited by Allan McNicol with David Dungan, et. al. This
      volume is the product of work by a team of about six scholars using the
      2gh. A similar volume on Mark's use of Matthew is in preparation. The
      publisher is Trinity Press, International, 1996.
      And the child said, "Look! The emperor isn't wearing any clothes."

      Dr. Thomas R. W. Longstaff
      Colby College
      Waterville, ME 04901
      Email: t_longst@...
      Office phone: 207 872-3150
      FAX: 207 872-3802
    • Richard H. Anderson
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 8, 1998
        Thomas R. W. Longstaff wrote:

        > At 02:15 PM 10/7/98 +1000, Malcolm wrote:
        > >Dear fellow Griesbachians,
        > >Do you know the name of a commentary on each of the synoptics written on
        > >the basis of the 2gh? The field still seems to be dominated by those
        > >assuming the 2sh.
        > >Yours sincerely,
        > >Malcolm Cram (Rev)
        >
        > These are still coming. You might start with BEYOND THE Q IMPASSE: LUKE'S
        > USE OF MATTHEW edited by Allan McNicol with David Dungan, et. al. This
        > volume is the product of work by a team of about six scholars using the
        > 2gh. A similar volume on Mark's use of Matthew is in preparation. The
        > publisher is Trinity Press, International, 1996.
        > And the child said, "Look! The emperor isn't wearing any clothes."
        >
        > Dr. Thomas R. W. Longstaff
        > Crawford Family Professor of Religious Studies
        > Colby College
        > Waterville, ME 04901
        > Email: t_longst@...
        > Office phone: 207 872-3150
        > FAX: 207 872-3802

        Isn't the Anchor Bible Commentary on Mark based upon Griesbach?
        Richard H. Anderson
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 8, 1998
          On 8 Oct 98 at 17:26, Richard H. Anderson wrote:

          > Isn't the Anchor Bible Commentary on Mark based upon Griesbach?

          Yes. C.S. Mann, _Mark: A New Translation with Introduction and Commentary_
          (The Anchor Bible; New York: Doubleday, 1986). I think that the common
          opinion is that this is not one of the better Anchor Bible commentaries, e.g.
          not in the same class as Fitzmyer. I hear rumours that it is to be replaced
          now.

          Dr Mark Goodacre M.S.Goodacre@...

          Synoptic-L Owner: mailto:Synoptic-L-Owner@...
          Synoptic-L Archive: http://www.egroups.com/list/synoptic-l