SBL article

  • Jeffrey B. Gibson
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 1998
      Friends,

      As some of you already know, I have the privelege this year of giving a
      paper in the Q section of SBL on the meaning of the "temptation clause"
      in the LP entitled "Testing Temptation: The Meaning of Q 11:4b". To
      insure that the paper will be in the best shape possible for this event,
      I should like to get feedback from listmembers on its present form.
      Thanks to the kindness of Mark Goodacre, a download of the paper will be
      available from tomorrow (October 8) at

      http://www.bham.ac.uk/theology/synoptic-l/gibson.htm

      So those who are interested in seeing it may find it there. I would be
      grateful for any and all comments on any aspect of the paper, but
      especially whether or not the argument appears clear and is cogent.

      Please contact me with your responses off list at the address below.
      Yours,

      Jeffrey Gibson

      P.S. May I ask those of you who *do* download the article to contact me
      off-list to let me know that you have done se. That way I'll have some
      advance idea of how many people I might expect to hear from.
      --
      Jeffrey B. Gibson
      7423 N. Sheridan Road #2A