Re: Fwd: Re: [Synoptic-L] The riddle of the loaves and baskets

  • John Lupia
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 7, 2005
      --- John Lupia <jlupia2@...> wrote:

      > --- Chuck Jones <chuckjonez@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Jeffrey,
      > >
      > > Forgive a quick follow up, but one that seems
      > > relevant to my question about Mark 6. As I closed
      > > my concordance I noticed these are the only two
      > > passages in Mark where hard hearts are mentioned.
      > > Both in a boat, both having to do with the
      > > significance of the feeding(s). Don't know what
      > it
      > > means, but that's interesting....
      >
      > Mk 10:15; 16:14,52; 8:17 (four, not two)

      Besides the obvious blunders I made in haste I left a
      few out that could bring the count to 8.

      MK 2:8 (TIA TAUTA DIALOGIZONTAI EN EAUTOIS) implies
      hard hearts

      Mk 3:5 (PWRWSEI THS KARDIAS)

      MK 6:52 (AUTWN H KARDIA PEPWRWMEN)

      MK 8:17 (PEPWRWMEN EXETE THN KARDIAN UMWN)

      MK 10:5 (SKHROKARDIAN)

      MJK 12:7 (EKEINOI DE OI GEWRGOI PROS EAUTOUS EIPAN
      OTI) implies hard hearts

      MK 14:4 (ESAN DE TINES AGANAKTOUNTES PROS EAUTOS)
      implies hard hearts

      MK 16:14 (SKHROKARDIAN) for those that accept it as
      original, as I do.

      Best regards,
      John N. Lupia, III

      John N. Lupia, III