Re: [Synoptic-L] Re: Poll on Synoptic-L's future host

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30, 2005
      Let me add a couple of further things that are emerging:

      (1) Here's a more direct link to the poll:

      Using that link, you'll go straight there, though you'll still have to
      sign in to Yahoo!Groups and, if necessary, become a member of
      Synoptic-L's Yahoo!Groups archive.

      (2) I should have mentioned that I will still maintain a homepage for
      Synoptic-L. In fact, after our original agreement to go over to
      Yahoo!Groups, I adjusted the existing page and transferred it to the
      NTGateway, at http://ntgateway.com/synoptic-l/ . However, since
      making the adjustments, the problems with Yahoo!Groups have emerged
      and whatever happens in our vote, I'll have to adjust that page again.
      But long term, that's where the Synoptic-L homepage will be.

      I appreciate that this sounds pretty incomprehensible to some, so this
      is to make the situation absolutely clear:

      Present situation (1998-present):

      Homepage: http://www.bham.ac.uk/theology/synoptic-l
      Group hosted by: majordomo at bham.ac.uk
      Group archived by: Yahoo!Groups (previously egroups / FindMail).

      Future (2005-):

      Homepage: http://ntgateway.com/synoptic-l
      Group hosted by: ? This is what we are voting on.
      Group archived by: ? Same as previous.

      OK?
      Dr Mark Goodacre mailto:Goodacre@...
      Dept of Theology and Religion
      University of Birmingham
      Elmfield House, Selly Oak tel.+44 121 414 7512
      Birmingham B29 6LQ UK fax: +44 121 415 8376

      http://www.theology.bham.ac.uk/goodacre
      http://NTGateway.com