[Synoptic-L] Vestments of the High Priests

  • Richard Richmond
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 27, 2005
      Dear List:

      Is there anyone out there that has read anything at
      all on the fate of the vestments of the high priest
      that were in the charge of the Romans at the time
      Jerusalem was destroyed? I have never seen so much as
      a hint in the church fathers or any other written
      tradition about what became of these vestments. Nor
      have I read anything about what happened to the
      menorah that is pitured in relief on the arch of
      Titus. What happen to the artifacts from the second
      temple? I have read, that before the sack of Rome all
      the treausres had been moved to the new capital. Any
      line on information related to these items would be
      greatly appreciated.

      thank you

      Rick Richmond

      Rick Richmond rickr2889@...

    • Jim West
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 27, 2005
        Vendyl Jones rediscovered these vestments, the formula for the high
        priest's incense, the sperm and egg of the red heifer, the ark of noah,
        and other artifacts, including the wood of the true cross and the head
        of john the baptist. a google of his name will turn up all manner of
        information.....

        (n.b.- please, no one, imagine for a hare's moment that i think vendyl
        jones is reliable or that he has found anything of the sort- it's simply
        my "its monday and i'm in a humorous mood" attempt at a funny).

        On the serious side- there's no mention of it because no one knows.
        Speculators may wildly presume, assume, assert, and pontifiacte on the
        matter- but the fact is- all that stuff is long dust.

        Jim

        --
        D. Jim West