RE: [Synoptic-L] Peter and the Keys

  • Richard Richmond
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 27, 2005
      Dear Louise:
      consider the words of the Isaiah prophesy:

      In that day I will call my servant Eli'akim the son
      of Hilki'ah, 21 and I will clothe him with your robe,
      and will bind your girdle on him, and will commit your
      authority to his hand; and he shall be a father to
      the inhabitants of Jerusalem and to the house of
      Judah. 22 And I will place on his shoulder the key of
      the house of David; he shall open, and none shall
      shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open.

      Do you really think the only thing at stake here is
      the minding of the door by an "old man of the temple"?
      The passage is related to the inhabitants of Jerusalem
      and the house of Juda and ivolves a special robe and
      girdle not to mention the devestation that forms the
      context of the prophesy. Seems a lot mor signifant
      then minding the temple door to me.

      Rick

      Rick Richmond rickr2889@...