[Synoptic-L] Re: [XTalk] Muratorian Canon

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 24, 2005
      At 08:40 PM 6/24/2005 -0500, Jeffrey B. Gibson wrote:
      >Does anyone have any suggestions for good **online** discussions of the
      >content and the date and the significance of the Muratorian Canon?

      EarlyChurch.org.uk has a bibliography-type page on the formation of
      the canon. One of its highlights is a PDF reprint of Charles E.
      Hill's extended review of Hahneman's monograph on the Muratorian
      fragment.

      See:

      http://www.earlychurch.org.uk/canon.html

      http://www.earlychurch.org.uk/pdf/fragment_hill.pdf

    • Jeffrey B. Gibson
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 24, 2005
        "Stephen C. Carlson" wrote:

        > At 08:40 PM 6/24/2005 -0500, Jeffrey B. Gibson wrote:
        > >Does anyone have any suggestions for good **online** discussions of the
        > >content and the date and the significance of the Muratorian Canon?
        >
        > EarlyChurch.org.uk has a bibliography-type page on the formation of
        > the canon. One of its highlights is a PDF reprint of Charles E.
        > Hill's extended review of Hahneman's monograph on the Muratorian
        > fragment.
        >
        > See:
        >
        > http://www.earlychurch.org.uk/canon.html
        >
        > http://www.earlychurch.org.uk/pdf/fragment_hill.pdf

        Great minds think alike. Just after I sent my message off, I discovered
        this article.

        Yours,

        Jeffrey

        --