[Synoptic-L] Muratorian Canon

  • Jeffrey B. Gibson
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 24, 2005
      With apologies for cross posting.

      Does anyone have any suggestions for good **online** discussions of the
      content and the date and the significance of the Muratorian Canon?

      Yours,

      Jeffrey

      --
      Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon)
      1500 W. Pratt Blvd.

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 24, 2005
        At 08:40 PM 6/24/2005 -0500, Jeffrey B. Gibson wrote:
        >Does anyone have any suggestions for good **online** discussions of the
        >content and the date and the significance of the Muratorian Canon?

        EarlyChurch.org.uk has a bibliography-type page on the formation of
        the canon. One of its highlights is a PDF reprint of Charles E.
        Hill's extended review of Hahneman's monograph on the Muratorian
        fragment.

        See:

        http://www.earlychurch.org.uk/canon.html

        http://www.earlychurch.org.uk/pdf/fragment_hill.pdf

      • Jeffrey B. Gibson
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 24, 2005
          "Stephen C. Carlson" wrote:

          > At 08:40 PM 6/24/2005 -0500, Jeffrey B. Gibson wrote:
          > >Does anyone have any suggestions for good **online** discussions of the
          > >content and the date and the significance of the Muratorian Canon?
          >
          > EarlyChurch.org.uk has a bibliography-type page on the formation of
          > the canon. One of its highlights is a PDF reprint of Charles E.
          > Hill's extended review of Hahneman's monograph on the Muratorian
          > fragment.
          >
          > See:
          >
          > http://www.earlychurch.org.uk/canon.html
          >
          > http://www.earlychurch.org.uk/pdf/fragment_hill.pdf

          Great minds think alike. Just after I sent my message off, I discovered
          this article.

          Yours,

          Jeffrey

          --