Re: [Synoptic-L] New Testament writers' views toward Roman authority

  • John Lupia
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 10, 2005
      Keyfuk Leonard?

      shwaya kaman:

      Christopher A. Frilingos, Spectacles of Empire :
      Monsters, Martyrs, and the Book of Revelation
      (Philadelphia : University of Pennsylvania Press,
      2004).

      Brian J. Walsh and Sylvia C. Keesmaat, Colossians
      Remixed : Subverting the Empire (Downers Grove, Ill. :
      InterVarsity Press, 2004).

      Warren Carter, Pontius Pilate : Portraits of a Roman
      Governor (Collegeville, Minn. : Liturgical Press,
      2003).

      Peter S. Oakes, ed., Rome in the Bible and the Early
      Church (Grand Rapids, MI : Baker Academic, 2002).

      Warren Carter, Matthew and Empire : Initial
      Explorations. (Harrisburg, PA : Trinity Press
      International, 2001).

      Richard J. Cassidy, Christians and Roman Rule in the
      New Testament : new perspectives (New York :
      Crossroad, 2001).

      Richard J. Cassidy, Paul in Chains : Roman
      Imprisonment and the Letters of St. Paul (New York :
      Crossroad Pub. Co., 2001).

      Warren Carter, Matthew and the Margins : A
      Socio-political and Religious Reading. Journal for the
      study of the New Testament. Supplement series ;204
      (Sheffield, England : Sheffield Academic Press, 2000).

      Norman A. Beck, Anti-Roman Cryptograms in the New
      Testament : Symbolic Messages of Hope and Liberation
      (New York : P. Lang, 1997).

      --- Maluflen@... wrote:

      > Daylight Time,
      > jgibson000@... writes:
      >
      > > Does anyone have any suggestions for online
      > resources that discuss New
      > > Testament writers' views toward Roman authority?
      > >

      > Warren Carter comes to mind, as one who has written
      > on the topic with
      > reference to the gospels, especially Matthew, though
      > I don't know what he has
      > published online.
      >
      > Leonard Maluf
      > Blessed John XXIII National Seminary
      > Weston, MA

      John N. Lupia, III
      Beachwood, New Jersey 08722 USA
      Fax: (732) 349-3910
      God Bless America

    • Jeffrey B. Gibson
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 10, 2005

        John Lupia wrote:

        > Keyfuk Leonard?
        >
        > shwaya kaman:

        Thanks for the following.  But as my original note says, I'm looking
        for  **online** articles, texts that can be accessed online.

        Jeffrey

        --

        Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon.)

        1500 W. Pratt Blvd. #1