[Synoptic-L] Erik Aurelius' source theory

  • Tim Lewis
    Message 1 of 1 , May 15, 2005
      Last week Mark Goodacre commented in his weblog about
      the question of Matthean Posteriority posed on Deinde
      by Danny Zacharias and gave him some preliminary
      reading.

      A more comprehensive bibliography will also include a
      couple of articles by W. Lockton:
      "The Origin of the Gospels," Church Quarterly Review
      (July, 1922).
      Certain Alleged Gospel Sources: A study of Q, Proto
      Luke and M (London: Longmans, Green, 1927).

      An unfortunate omission from most bibliographies on
      Matthean Posteriority is:
      Ernst von Dobschütz, “Matthäus als Rabbi und
      Katechet,” published in Zeitschrift für die
      neutestamentliche Wissenschaft und die Kunde der
      älteren Kirche (ZNW) 27 (1928), 338-48, later
      translated by Robert Morgan, "Matthew as Rabbi and
      Catechist," in The Interpretation of Matthew, ed.
      Graham Stanton (London: SPCK, 1983), 19-29.

      My German is virtually non-existent but it seems that
      the following article by Aurelius argues for Mt’s use
      of Lk. I’m unsure, however, whether it advocates
      putting Mt last:

      Erik Aurelius, “Gottesvolk und Außenseiter: Eine
      geheime Beziehung Lukas – Matthäus,” NTS (2001),
      47:428-441.

      Has anyone read this article or might be able to
      enlighten me as to its proposed source theory?

      I merely have an automated translation of the
      article's abstract, indicating that Lukan Sondergut
      (Lk 4:25–7) has supposedly affected Mt 8:5-13 &
      15:21–8.

      Tim Lewis.

      Timothy M. Lewis
      Cranbourne, VIC 3977
      Part-time Greek Tutor at Whitley College,
      Melbourne College of Divinity, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.

      http://au.movies.yahoo.com