FW: [Synoptic-L] Streeter and Matthean apocalyptic

  • Jacob Knee
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2005
      I like your biography of Streeter - with a bit of minor tweaking - it could
      cover whole generations of English NT guys. Forget the intellectual history
      - let's have the social history - I want to know who were the grammar school
      scholarship boys. (I'm half serious).

      Dale Allison has a little aside in an online piece about the forgetting of
      former NT giants:

      'Who's still reading Vincent Taylor or T. W. Manson? (I note that these
      one-time giants have quite a few books in the current library sale, books
      that are just sitting there. Who's going to buy them?)'

      From Allison's talk 'Books and the Book' at http://www.pts.edu/allison4.html

      Best wishes,
      Jacob Knee
      (Cam, Glos.)