[Synoptic-L] Mt and Apoc

  • Lamar Cope
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 25, 2005
      Jacob, just a quick note in reply to Daniel Gurtner's reply and biblio. I think the case is really quite the reverse. Matthew's use of apocalyptic thinking as standard and as motivation for action seems to me to be quite typical of most early Palestinian Christianity (perhaps excepting Johannine beginnings) but Mark actually heightens that with his insistence in ch 13 on "watch! watch! watch!"
      Lamar Cope
      217 N Racine Ave
      Waukesha, WI 53186
      lcope@...