6622Re: [Synoptic-L] the failure of color coding

  • David B. Peabody
    Aug 1, 2001
      Leonard,

      You call attention to an excellent example of the hundreds, perhaps, thousands of
      "judgment calls" one has to make in composing a synopsis. It seems to me that
      this clearly illustrates Dungan's affirmation that no synopsis can be entirely
      "neutral" and/or "unbiased."

      Brian,

      The work of Tom and I differs here from that of my dissertation advisor. In our
      forthcoming synopsis, all three of these pericopae are set out side by side with
      the appropriate underlining and color codes presented.

      However, the relatively few and relatively insignificant verbal agreements
      between Mk and Lk alone, lead me to believe that Farmer's differing judgment on
      this matter is defensible and, on the 2GH, it believe it unlikely that Mark
      worked with Lk 7:36-50 in composing Mk 14:1-11. The best evidence for such a
      link, in my view, is found in the partial agreement on the use of katakeimai in
      Mk 14:3 and Lk 7:37.

      On the other hand, there is sufficient evidence, again in my judgement, to
      sustain a literary relationship not only between Mk 14:1-11 and Mt 26:1-16, but
      also between Mk 14:1-11 and Lk 22:1-6.

      In fact, I would judge that it is likely that Mark essentially utilized Lk 22:1-
      2//Mk 14:1-2 and Lk 22:3-6//Mk 14:10-11 to frame his work with Mt 26:4-13//Mk
      14:1end-9.

      David Barrett Peabody

      Quoting Maluflen@...: