6306Re: [Synoptic-L] Gerasene Demoniac

  • Emmanuel Fritsch
    Jun 1, 2001
      To Brian :
      # On the contrary, phrase by phrase, word by word, the Davies and
      # Allison 2DH explanation is convincing, including especially the way in
      # which Matthew has edited the wording found in Mark, omitting extraneous
      # detail, abbreviating "Son of the Most High God" to "Son of God",
      # replacing Mark's "I adjure you by God, do not torment me" with a
      # question "Have you come here to torment us before the time" since, in
      # Matthew's view "one may ask Jesus a question, but one should never dream
      # of telling him what to do," and so on. Davies and Allison's explanation
      # is compelling and scholarly.

      And how do they explain that Matthew prefered to keep the
      non capernaum-like verses of the story ? How do they explain
      that Matthew changed absolutely all Lukan-like wording he found
      in Mark ?

      If they do not explain this two major issues, then I agree
      with Leonard when y says that you are too easily convinced.

      a+
      manu