5949Re: [Synoptic-L] Luke knew Matthew: Three versions
- Apr 11, 2001Peter Head wrote:
> Would any of the advocates of the view that Luke knew Matthew likePete,
> to suggest their best examples?
I suggest the following:
(1) The Temptation. Davies & Allison (_Matthew_, I, 350), refer to an
article by Wilkens - "Die Versuchung Jesu nach Matthaus" NTS 28 (1982),
479-89, which argues for the Matthean version as largely redactional and
for Luke as dependent on Matthew here.
(2) John the Baptist's Inquiry
(3) The 'naming' and framing of the Sermon on the Plain, which looks
very much as if it was based on that of the Sermon on the Mount, for the
scenery was not in the sayings source.
Detailed arguments on the first two (amongst others) can be found on
my Web site.
Weston-on-Trent, Derby, UK
Web site: http://homepage.virgin.net/ron.price/index.htm
Synoptic-L Homepage: http://www.bham.ac.uk/theology/synoptic-l
List Owner: Synoptic-L-Owner@...
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>