4891Re: [Synoptic-L] query concerning the International Q Project

    Oct 3, 2000
      Brian Wilson asked:

      > Can anyone please give references for any source of information
      > on the aims of the International Q Project? I would like to know
      > what task they have set themselves to accomplish. Where, please,
      > can I start reading on this?

      For a couple of sketches on the web, see the Bamberg site
      (Paul Hoffmann et al) and the Claremont site (James Robinson
      et al). These and other Q web materials listed on the NT
      Gateway at http://ntgateway.com/synoptic/Q.htm. But the
      best way to get a handle on their work is to spend time in
      _Documenta Q_, the massive database and evaluation
      currently underway. It's published by Peeters and several
      volumes have been produced so far. Also forthcoming is _The
      Critical Edition of Q_, listed at Amazon etc. as due out round
      about now.

      Mark

      Dept of Theology tel: +44 121 414 7512
      University of Birmingham fax: +44 121 414 6866
      Birmingham B15 2TT United Kingdom

      http://www.bham.ac.uk/theology/goodacre
      Homepage
      http://www.ntgateway.com