3560Re: [Synoptic-L] Re: Did Luke use Matthew ?

  • David Barrett Peabody
    Jan 2, 2000
      Ron Price wrote:

      >(1) Most M material was probably created by Au_Matt. This is consistent
      >with the fact that in critical circles the M material is widely regarded
      >as almost worthless as a source for the historical Jesus. The only
      >exception I can think of which has a reasonable claim to historicity is
      >the name of Jesus' father.

      Ron,

      Surely you would not exclude all of the parables in the M material "as
      almost worthless as a source for the historical Jesus." Most "critical
      circles" interested in the historical Jesus with which I am familiar would
      be more cautious about excluding all of this material.

      David B. Peabody
      Nebraska Wesleyan University
      5000 St. Paul Ave.
      Lincoln, NE 68504