3Re: Synoptic-L Test

  • Edgar Krentz
    Feb 10, 1998
      >This is a test message to determine whether and how Synoptic-L is up and
      >running.
      >
      >Based on a discussion in a related mailing list (Crosstalk), it appears
      >that any list devoted to the synoptic problem should have a ready definition
      >of the synoptic problem. Any takers?
      >
      >Here is a first attempt:
      >
      >The synoptic problem is an inquiry into the existence and nature of the
      >literary relationship between the Gospels of Matthew, Mark, and Luke.
      >
      >Stephen Carlson

      Good succinct definition. I would add "and the investigation of
      reonstructed non-surviving sources."

      * Edgar Krentz, Prof. of New Testament *
      * Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago *
      * 1100 EAST 55TH STREET *
      * CHICAGO, IL 60615 *
      * Tel: [773] 256-0752; (H) [773] 947-8105 *
      * *
      * Reply to: ekrentz@... (office) *
      * or emkrentz@... (home) *